From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:56:47 -0500
Copied & pasted with permission:

Hello everyone,

Helen asked me to write this for her to let you know about her
condition. It has been very rough on her the past few days. She has
had bad swelling in her head, mouth, and other extremeties... she is
currently on oxygen, (tube), and pain meds.. Her oxygen level dropped,
but as of now, it is back up, thank goodness. She called me this
morning, but I had a hard time understanding her.. partly I'd say due
to the meds and the soreness in her mouth and throat. I talked to her
nurse yesterday morning, and she said most of this was brought on by
the very heavy dose of chemo she recieved, and she indicated without
saying as much, that they expect her to pull out of this.... I know she
covets your prayers and she is aware of those praying for her. Helen is
a tough cookie, and in my heart, I believe she is going to be fine once
this bout is over. I've told her I've emailed you, and those of you who
have emailed me back... If you can, send her cards to cheer her up....
I know she loves them... she has even said she wants to put all of them
in a scrapbook.

For myself, thank you all for caring about her.... she is very dear to
me and the best friend I have... and she sure thinks highly of all of
you.

If I hear anything more, I'll let you know.... so take care, and God
bless

Dotti