From:
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:32:05 -0700
My eyes popped out of my head and my lower jaw hit the floor, declawing
your ferrets is inhumane.  I'm not going to flame you, but you do not need
ferrets.  By declawing your ferret, you would be taking the first digit of
their feet, not just the claws.  I'm sickened by this.  I'm shocked you
ever considered such a thought.  You bring tears to my eyes and bile to my
throat.  I pray you reconsider.  There are things you can do to repair
carpet or cover the carpet.  There have been announcements here on the FML
on items to protect carpet.  Personally I would recarpet a room, before
ever-ever thinking of declawing any of my babies.  I hope some one here
will help change your mind if I have'nt.

OutlawDook and the CaCaLand Dookmeisters
Dookmeisters, mom is she coming to visit, huh, huh mom huh?
(Dookmeisters running for cover)

[Moderator's note: Perhaps Jena considered declawing because she wasn't
aware of what is actually involved.  Rather than being surprised, I'm
glad we have the opportunity to *gently* educate people who care enough
to take time to seek out the FML.  BIG]