From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 14:25:58 -0700
Hi to all of my fellow FML'ers,

Just an update for those of you who were so kind enough to forward me your
many suggestions on how to get rid of fleas for my fuzzy Jasmine.

Well, it took a little over 2 months (!!!) but this is what finally worked,
thought I'd pass it along to others who may be experiencing the same thing &
also thank those who sent the suggestions along:

- Launder all bedding and thoroughly clean the cage once/week.
- Use safe flea spray (pyrethins) on the fert & on the bedding (3-4
  times/week).
- Bathe fuzzy every 2 weeks (the flea's reproductive cycle)- optional to use
  flea shampoo - I used regular ferret shampoo, then sprayed her after
  w/the the flea spray.
- Use Fleabusters, a powder for the carpets/floors guaranteed to work up to
  a year if used properly (or pay the big bucks to have Fleabusters do it
  for you).
- and finally,  the big "secret" - brewer's yeast w/ garlic sprinkled on the
  ferret's food! - this really seemed to finally do the trick!!  It takes
  several weeks to work, though, so be patient.   :)

Jasmine's MUCH happier, though I must admit has a bit of dry skin from all
the bathing, etc.  Are any of you FML'ers Avon carriers who sells Skin So
Soft?  If so I'd like to get some to relieve this last bit of annoyance for
my fuzzy!  Thanks everyone- you can send responses to [log in to unmask]

Jennifer & Jasmine (dookdookdookdookdookdookdookdook!!)