From:
Lea Statler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 03:55:55 -0400
To all you people who think that you have ferret proofed your home!
Ha........

We thought that things were "proofed" Ya right.  Kiki, did a high flying act
last night that has not been seen ever!!!  She is the smallest ferret out of
the 4 at only 14 inches and 1.6lbs.  There are only two place in the
livingroom that are ferret safe, one is the computer desk and only if you
remember to pull the chair away from it.  The other is the coffetable(sp?)
(Can you tell I don't drink it?  :-) This has been the place for all the
remotes, combat boots(which they dearly love) and anything else that's a no
no.  Well, Kiki has found a way of getting up there.

I was reading FML last night, with Hestia curled up on my lap, when I hear
this thump!  I turn to see Kiki wondering around the table, pushing remotes
off right and left, Riki was rounding them up for stashing.  I got up and
retrieved the remotes and put Kiki on the floor.  I thought this was a one
time, "God I made it" thing.  Well, of course I was Wrong!!!  Kiki ran up on
to the couch and launch herself across, at least a two foot distance, on to
the table.  My jaw drop and I got her down again.  I moved the table out a
little bit and watched, she did it again, 2.5 feet this time.  Ok at this
point I really moved the table out and moved it away from a big play box
that's full of cloths that they love to play in.  Thought I got her that
time.  Well, she took the flying leap off the couch and Missed.  Ya for the
human tean.  Kiki knew that there was away up there now.  So, she made for
the trash can, it got a lid on it and last night it had a big book on top
too.  She got on top, wond up her back in (like a cat ready to pounce) made
the leap, all legs spread wide and flow about 3.5 feet, but missed the
table, landed on the dog tho :-) So, all of you that think your
safe.......te he te he.........!!!!

This was a great site after reading Dayna's post.  I was upset all day, but
my pray's are with you Dayna.  I wish I'm could find the words to tell you
all how I feel, but I don't think Big would post it.  I agree with the post
in yesterday's post, about the "people" that had this poor baby, we could do
the samething to them on just a few body parts!!!

To all of you that have sick babies, your in my prays also.