From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:12:57 -0700
Hi Folks,
I am writing about a problem I am having lately with Totally Ferret food.
I have been using it for years now but lately 3 out of 5  15 lbs bags smell
really rancid.  Two bags are for older ferrets and one for Active ferrets.
One was bought from a store and the others online.  I kept the last 2 bags
and threw away the first bad bag so I have the batch numbers too.  The
expiration days are from March 2002 to July 2002.

I would like to know if I am the only one to experience it.  I am concerned
because I have just been through 4 ferret with ECE and I don't want to
cause them more diarrhea.  I compared the smell of the "good" one and the
"bad" one and I can smell the stingy odor from the bag and the single
kibbles.  Also the rancid ones look much darker then the good ones.

I don't want to say that Totally Ferret is a bad food, but it seems
strange that this happened in the few months.

Thanks,
Robert

[Moderator's note: This is posted anonymously because the poster lives
where ferrets are not legal.  I did follow up and was told the Totally
Ferret folks have asked for samples of the bad food and will investigate.
Was also assured the intent was not to bash Performance Foods but to look
for a pattern.  When results are known a follow-up post is planned.  BIG]