From:
Shelly Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 1996 14:51:49 -0400
Mark,

When my little Hobbes started to shed his winter coat, I found it highly
annoying.  So, I took him into the bathroom and put him in the sink.  I then
proceeded to "pluck" him like a chicken.  He didn't seem to mind it, in fact
I think it felt kind of good to get rid of all that itchy hair.  Anyway, I
pulled out almost all of his guard hairs on his back and sides.  He was
really cute afterwards.  He was all creamy colored (he's a sable) because
the only hair left was his soft underfur.  It looked like I had dipped him
in flour.  His guard hairs grew back in about a week or so.  Hope this
helps.

     Shelly,
     Hobbes, Calvin, and Susie