From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 18:44:07 -0500
Meltdown is still here, and on the largest dosing she can have of
furosemide.  Personally, I doubt she'll be here tomorrow, but she may
surprise us for a while yet.  We'll take each hour as it comes.

The main reason I am posting this time is because we recently bought a new
style of collar and have had TWO accidents with them in only a week.
Unfortunately, I thrwe out name information.  They are adjustable collars
with very well secured bells and no opening, so you loosen them, slip them
on and then tighten them.  Supposedly the sizing is then secure.  It is
NOT.  First Warp loosened one and got it over her front legs and around her
chest.  No harm done and she thought it was very funny.  The second
accident happened to 'Chopper and could have been very serious.  Spot likes
to remove everyones' collars.  In trying to pull 'Chopper's off he was
strangling her.  I had to rapidly cut it off and she is fine.  Here is what
the collars look like:  They have two sliding buckles; one of them is
silver colored metal, and the other looks just like a tiny miniature of the
black plastic ones which are used to adjust seat belts.  WATCH OUT!  If
caught on anything or tugged these collar CAN strangle.  We were lucky to
see what was happening at just the right time otehrwise "Chopper would not
be here.  Our's came from a store which partly supports a shelter so we did
not ask for our money back but we called and warned them.

Sukie