From:
Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 23:07:00 -0400
Hello All:
Well the Show is finally over and all fuzzies are back home in their sleep
sacks.  I want to publicly thank all of the Clubs, Rescues, Breeders and
Vendors with products who participated in our show.  I also want to thank
the judges, vets, lecturers and other volunteers who spent a lot of time
working to make the show a success.  The names of all of the groups and
people who helped are too numerous to list but many of them are on this
List so, once again, many, many thanks.

Our Club will be meeting next Saturday to go over the show and talk about
what went well and what needs improvement.  We want to do this while the
show is still fresh in our minds so we can put on a better show next time
(February, 2000, same place).  If any one who participated in the show has
any praise or constructive criticism, please contact me.  Your input is
valuable and will be of great help in planning the next show.  This was our
first show so we are by no means experts.

We had hoped to accomplish four goals at the show.  The first was to
educate as many people as possible.  We had various lectures throughout the
day that were well attended.  As I walked around the hall, I heard many
Clubs, Rescues and breeders talking to people about ferret care and health.
A lot of information was available from the vendors.  This was a good thing
and we think we accomplished our goal.  Second, we wanted to give as many
people as possible the opportunity to show their ferrets without the
pressure of a championship show.  Over 250 ferrets were shown, many by
first time participants so we think this worked well.  Third, we wanted
people to have fun.  I can't really speak for anybody else but I had a
blast.  I heard a lot of laughing, cheering and clapping throughout the day
so I think most people had fun.  Last, we wanted to raise some money for
the WarmFuzzy Rescue.  At present the shelter has an $800 vet bill and we
think the vet will be happy.

Again, many thanks to all who participated.  I'll talk about the show in a
separate post.