From:
Pat Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 17:53:32 -0800
We Hate Bullies

If you hate reading, please go directly to http://wh.gov/P2FB

There has been a tremendous outcry lately over the cruelty of bullying
and what society needs to do to stop it.

Believe me, I was bullied. I was the smallest kid in my school every
other year. The other kid was Shirley Coronado - a girl! They didn't
have anti-bullying campaigns in the 1960's.

I am still here, a lot tougher then I was in grade school - and I still
hate to be bullied!

The worst bully I've ever experienced is the California Fish and Game
Commission

Bullies have their issues. They were never the smartest kids in the
class. Sometimes I felt sorry for them. But hey, this is America.
This ain't supposed to happen.

But in our fight to have a pet of our choice; the domestic and usually
adorable ferret we've faced the worst kind of bullying.

The Fish and Game Commission recently labeled our extensive 278 page
report:
ANALYSIS OF THE POTENTIAL IMPACTS OF DOMESTICATED FERRETS UPON
WILDLIFE, AGRICULTURE, AND HUMAN HEALTH IN NORTH AMERICA, WITH A
FOCUS UPON CALIFORNIA, BASED UPON LITERATURE REVIEW AND SURVEY OF
NORTH AMERICAN GOVERNMENTAL AGENCIES

As "too limited and not scientifically valid." - How is that possible,
they haven't read it!

The Fish and Game Commission (Commission) has no information to comply
with your request. I talked to the staff member who spoke to the
reporter and the reporter did not make distinction that the Department
of Fish and Wildlife was the source of the comment not the Commission.

The Commission position has not changed since the September 27, 2011
letter to you stating the Commission was not interested in considering
the ferret issue at this time because (snark) other matters of higher
importance currently exist (/snark).

We simply want a hearing. No other state has had problems with domestic
ferrets. But we're told our report that was never read is "not valid"
and our issue "not important."

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we receive a little justice? A little
revenge for all the years of abuse?

We have such an opportunity although it is a long shot. We have set up
a WhiteHouse.Gov petition for our cause. It simply asks the White House
to Ask Governor Jerry Brown to Give California Ferret Owners a Fair
Hearing. Sign here at http://wh.gov/P2FB

We need to get 25,000 signatures and so far we're only at 2,228.
Those signatures need to come in quickly if we reach the goal by
Feb 5th, 2013.

This is David vs Goliath. We are the little guy. We've had sand kicked
in our faces all these years.

For all the underdogs out there. For everyone who was bullied by
someone bigger and stronger - please sign this petition. Then send it
to everyone in your contact list.

The White House promises a response if we get those signatures.

Tell the Fish and Game Commissioners - Hey guys, we are important and
you can't treat us that way!

Pat Wright
founder of Ferrets Anonymous and LegalizeFerrets.org