From:
"Barry L. Brumitt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 15:46:39 EST
Over the last 2 months, Up (female, convenience kit, 5-7 years old) has
started losing hair on her back and more recently around her tail.  I
decided to check up on this by reading the FAQ's, and it seemed pretty clear
that it was hyperadrenalcorticism.  She's a convenience kit, female, vulva
is somewhat swollen, etc.

So, I took her to the vet, the one recommended to me several years ago by a
breeder from whom I got two other ferrets.  This vet seemed not to have any
useful recommendations.  Didn't think blood work would do any good ( too
hard to get enough), and never even mentioned surgery.

However, the FAQ indicates a 80+% success rate with removal of adrenal
tumors.

Does anyone know of a vet in the Eastern PA or Western OH area who has
experience with this surgery?  Or, can you point me to Dr.  Kawaski
(spelling?) in VA who is mentioned in the FAQ?

Up thanks you very much,
Barry Brumitt

ps.  And yes, the other ferrets were named Strange and Charm.... :)
pps. I susbscribed to this list for 2 years, but haven't read it recently,
and olny just resubscribed to hopefully find help for Up.