From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 19:55:48 -0500
Okay, now I know why you have this anonymous option.  I hate to be this
way but.... Today I was looking for ferret items and cruised over to
Charlottesville.  Went in a store called Outrageous Pets.  It was okay,
very limited supply of anything.  A few cool snakes who would have loved my
ferret and some neat birds, lizards and a couple sugar gliders.  It even
had a real alligator!!  Anyway, he had three ferrets, one was a cute baby
about 8" and so cute (all $99).  The other two were closer to full grown.
They were housed okay I guess, a couple blankets on the floor and a couple
hammocks.  Plenty of food, water and litter.

What I didn't like is that there were NO chew toys for them, only the big
rolly ball for them to get in.  None, they chewed on the blankets and each
other.  They seemed happy but still, couldn't they be happier?  Now that I
think about it there was no hiding place for them and, being in a situation
like that, they should definately have a place to retreat for privacy and
sanity.

Anyway, I didn't have the nerve to say anything (surprising for me).  I
just couldn't think of a nice way to say it really.  "Why don't they have
any toys?...Shouldn't they have some toys?...Couldn't you give them some
toys?"  All suggestions I thought of were kind of smart aleckie so I kept
quiet.  So if anyone lives near there, and has the nerve, go in and ask
him, please.  If not I guess I'll have to send him an anonymous letter.

Thank you, rubs and licks from my ferret.
[AR]