From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:58:46 -0400
Hi Everyone,
I was driving to work yesterday and heard them say that you need to make
sure that your dogs are vaccinated this year especially because due to
the lack of cold weather this winter that the parovirus is more prevelant.

Now my question is that what I am reading about ADV being a parovirus
could this be something to worry about in ferrets?  I know that dog paro
and other paro are probably different but just thought I would ask.  We
don't let our cats run free outside but we do take them out with us in
the summer and also take the ferrets out on leashes.  Well only Michael &
Gabriel have been out when we first got them last September and Sarah
about 5min the other week.  Would it be advisable do you think to keep all
the animals inside this year?  I don't want anything to happen to anyone.
All these kids are vaccinated but I don't want to take any chances.  I
just wondered if anyone else heard anything about this and how it might
affect ferrets.

Love & angel hugs
Debbie