From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:59:40 -0400
Well actually 2 of my 3 new ones are "old ones" but I'll start from
the beginning.....

A friend of mine asked me what was on my "bucket list" and I said only
one thing....a cruise. So in June we travelled to Seattle and went on a
cruise to Alaska. My friend told me to put something else on my bucket
list so that I didn't "drop dead" as soon as I got off the ship.....
nice guy!

Any ways on the way (oh how convenient!) we stopped at the OR Ferret
Shelter and I fell in love with a biter that Dave Mathis had been
working with for a year. She shook terribly any time she was held and
bit HARD.....but I was in love! So while on the cruise I called Chris
Mathis and asked her to ask Dave if I could have his Michele plus maybe
a couple more that needed to go home with me. On the return trip back
home we again stopped at the shelter and Michele, renamed Jewel after
the the ship I was on, plus Leilani and Sassy (the 2 oldies...oh I do
LOVE oldies!) came home with me. The friend I was with said he knew for
sure that we would be bringing home ferrets and actually wondered why I
didn't try to sneak one aboard the ship.... I was so sure that I would
not adopt any that I didn't bring a carrier so had to borrow 2 carriers
from Chris. One is on it's way back to you this week Chris and it has
some bedding for the shelter kids in it! The other will get mailed
soon...I hope.

The 2 new oldies went right into Boomer's group of 4 and they LOVE
them. The other group of 6, Hero's group, plays with Boomer's group
so for 2+ hours it's 12 crazy ferrets running around the house...pure
CHAOS! Jewel is not ferret friendly so is the last one out and stays
out until she finally falls asleep somewhere or goes back into her cage
on her own. So far she has NOT bit anyone! My 5 daughters just love her
so she gets lots of attention. She still shakes when she is held so I
am sure she was a "fear biter" so it will be a long recovery but Dave
you did a good job with her!!

Jewel gave my daughter Mary a kiss on the neck the other day....which
scared the heck out of me but Mary was fine with it! So she is becoming
a true "Jewel".

Nancy and her 18 furkids on the COLD Oregon coast....damn when is it
going to warm up? Hey Chris and Dave...the 3 new kids from your shelter
want to know why you sent them to the North Pole!