From:
Angela Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:49:22 -0500
I have 3 ferrets, Xander, Abbie, and three finger Jezabel.  I am concerned
over my ferrets, two of them the girls seem to be going through changes.
Abbie is 1 y/o and we think Jezabel is 3 y/o or older.  Were not sure she
was given to us by a patient at a clinic that was alergic to her.  I've
noticed in the past month that they have gotten more aggressive toward
each other.  We were thinking maybe cause it's spring and they release
something during this part of the year that we are not known to.  These
are our first ferrets we ever owned.  I've noticed that Abbie's nose is
redder and it looks like dried blood on the rim of her nose but when I get
a wash cloth to wipe it off it appears again, so not sure what that is.
Jezebel which is older has been losing weight.  They have what looks like
bite marks and scratches from each other, but I'm concerned cause what I
have read and seen from them it looks like they are playing till I hear
one hissing and doing there little scream of stop and get off of me.  I
let the ferrets out of there cage when I get home from work at 5pm and let
them play till my bedtime.  I have them kind of set on a schedule as to
they know when I come home, and treat time is and when to know it's bath
time month, and lets take a walk outside in the dirt.  I try to give each
one individual time with me so that they each feel special with me and
close and then play time is all together.  Am I doing something wrong with
them that I am not knowing I'm doing harm to them.  I hate not knowing if
I am harming a animal as I look at animals as they are just as important
as I am in this world.  So my question is it normal for ferrets to have
these kind of marks from play-fighting.  And sudden weight-loss by the
older one.  Please send me your advice [log in to unmask]

Thanks
Angela