From:
Natalie Cornish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:15:46 -0500
>She presented with this purplish mass on her ear - at first I thought it
>was a tick (she was a stray).  Its actually based on the flap of the ear.
>The vet drained it and said the fluid was all blood cells, but it quickly
>refilled with fluid.  I'm planning on having it removed as soon as I clear
>a surgery day for her.  I have a similar problem.  My tiny, Dink, has had
>a greenish mass on her ear ( I think it's green because it's growing
>where the tatoo is).  It is on the flap of her ear as well.  The girl
>that dropped her off with me said it's been there for 2 years and hasn't
>bothered her

My Joey, and Mittens before he crossed to the rainbow bridge, both have
bumps on their ears as well.  They are white, though, and look like a
whitehead, except that they are hard.  I tried to pop one once, but they
squirmed too much, so I just left them alone.  They don't seem to cause
pain and they have not grown bigger or changed color.  The vet said they
weren't anything to worry about, so I just left them.

Natalie
ICQ: 20170198
AOL IM: Dhampire73

~~~~~Douglas Adams:
"I love deadlines.  I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

"Do not meddle in the affairs Dragons, for thou art CRUNCHY and taste good
with KETCHUP!"