From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 1996 19:13:41 -0400
Hi just a few comments on posts I've seen lately.

Bathing; mine don't really like it but I wonder if people who have major
problems are using water thats too cold for fear of hurting their fuzzies.
I take pretty hot showers and that's the temp I use for "baths".  I actually
use my shower massage hanging down in the tub - it archs into a little
waterfall.  I hold them in the waterfall, soap them up, rinse and then let
them play in towels.  So try really warm water.  Obviously if it burns you
thats way too hot.

The FLO agent who is stink bombing - beware of infected anal glands, Boris'
suddenly starting to poof was the final clue.  He has been on antibiotics
and seems to be feeling much better.  Drawers - mine ALWAYS go to sleep in
their drawers in the kitchen.  They have towels and cubby sacks in two and
towels and ripped up paper bags in the third (a favorite).  Unfortunately
its a stack of four all the way to the counter and they took over all four
and soon found their way to the counter by pushing out the drawers from the
inside.  Now the top two have child proof things on them but I am waiting
for them to figure out they can climb "the ladder" from the outside I don't
know what I'll do at that point.

Giesela has discovered squirrels.  I took her outside on her leash and put
her down - there was a squirrel in the yard - and before I knew she took off
chasing the squirrel (caught me by surprise).  The squirel got away pretty
easily thank god.  Now on my screened back porch when she sees a squirel she
tries to claw her way through the screen (well she does that anyway).  Since
I have a lot of squirels I' going to have to be careful.  I am trying to
figure out a way to ferret proof the screen's in windows they can reach to
make sure (1) they don't fall out when climbed and (2) they can't scratch
through them.  Any ideas?  Also anyone know where I can get Mazuri in South
Central/West Michigan?

Mary, Boris and Giesela