From:
Steve Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 02:25:25 -0500
I read about someone in NJ needing to find a home for their ferrets, I
contacted the person and she said several people from the FML already
responded and that the ferrets were placed.  I thought maybe some of the
people who didn't get to adopt those ferrets could help this person out.

I have permission to post this.  Robyn contacted me about needing to
temporarily place 3 ferrets for the winter months.  Her friend is
homeless and she is helping her out by keeping the ferrets, but her
lanlord won't allow them in and they are now kept on a porch.  I can
offer to help as a go between, even perhaps help in transport.  I don't
know who would want to provide a temporary home- that idea has some
details to work out with the owner.  Details like getting them ADV
tested, making sure distemper shot is up to date ( I could even help get
this done if need be).

The friend wants them back as soon as she can get settled and it seems
would even like them to be close so she can visit.  They are currently in
Somerset, NJ.

visited the vet in April.  The males are almost 2 and 1.5 years old.
They have both had rabies shots.  The female is almost a year.  She did
not have her shot because "she was too young" when they were at the vet.
( I will assume for rabies shot)

>My friend (and especially her daughter) hope that they can be fostered
>somewhere where they can be visited on a regular basis.  Please post
>this wherever you think appropriate.  I can be reached by email at

( I have the phone number too if anyone is serious and needs to get a
hold of Robyn)

Thanks so much for your help!

Patty K