Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:47:00 -0700

>...HOW do you keep a ferret out of a Christmas tree?????  (It's
>artificial)  This is my first year as a ferret mom, and I just don't think
>that Christmas would be the same with a big cardboard cutout of a tree! :)
>Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ha ha ha ho ho hee hee ha ha ho hee hee etc.  etc.  Have you thought about
putting it under a large, heavy plexiglass enclosure?  (The tree, not the
ferrets!)

Please do NOT misunderstand!  I'm NOT making fun of your question!  There
are just so many sad/distressing posts here it's GREAT to find one that
makes a long-time ferret lover giggle so much!  I sincerely hope someone
has some practical advice to offer, but ferrets being ferrets, I think you
"cardboard cut-out" may be the only sure-fire way to accomplish your goal!
(It's original & imaginative as well!)  On the serious side, when I had a
large enough home I simply located the tree in a room where the fuzzy would
not be left unsupervised, but with THREE of 'em I don't think this will
work for you.  Perhaps a smaller tree on some sort of "unscalable" (smooth)
pedestal or table?  Also, don't forget to tell Santa to tape those packages
securely, as most ferrets LOVE opening packages, but few are patient enough
to wait for Christmas morning!  You'll also find they will love helping you
wrap those gifts... just like they love to help sort laundry, change
sheets, etc.

Sounds like no one needs to tell you the safety of your critters is most
important, so don't worry about the silly tree & enjoy your ferret-filled
holidays!

Many good wishes,
Lisa