From:
"Staples, Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:05:03 -0500
To the FML at large:

On Saturday, 04 April 1998, my son's school will be having a "Science Fair",
which will include among other attractions a display of assorted small
critters, including gerbils, iguanas, and of course... Deadly Stealth Ninja
Attack Weasels, er, domestic pet ferrets...

So, of course, we've been convinced to bring the weasel-critters to display
for the morning.  Which is okay - our small contribution to the
proliferation of ferret mind-control.  Two 2-hour sessions, 9:30-11:30-1:30,
we can swing, and since there will be no "touching" allowed, there's that
much less to worry about.  We're in Shrewsbury, MA, and the animal control
officer has verified the quarantine policy should anything happen, anyway.

We have already inquired whether it would be permissible to bring
non-commercial informational handouts to, um, handout.  Obviously, there
are quite a few FAQs roaming the Web which would suffice if printed out.

Now, I could assemble a quick flyer on the ol' PC... but I'm sure many
folks have already done so.  Would anyone be gracious enough to supply a
source document?  I can handle the printing and editing (down to one page,
probably), and you can get your words of wisdom distributed to hordes of
impressionable young children!

If no one volunteers a sample, I'll be creative (but I prefer lazy)... I
want to help educate a bit, but at the same time minimize the "Aw, how cute,
can we get one?" effect these critters seem to create.  ( I have to live in
this town...<g>)

Thanks in advance.  Whatever result I end up with will be posted on my
website for redistribution shortly thereafter (take that!).  If anyone
has any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to drop me a note...

Chuck and Amy Staples
with Drew, Ty, and Meg (the creatures of havoc)