From:
Sherri Sconyers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:56:39 EST
ok, I'm 13 years old, but I'm very responsible and mature...when I wanna be.

My mother's first reaction/excuse when I told her i wanted a ferret was
that we were fixing to move so she didnt want it to stink up the house.  I
did some research and found out that they can have their "stink" glands
removed.  so, i told her.  then, last night, my mother my father and my
brother and i had a ferret bashing conversation, on their part.

I asked her if I could get one if I paid for it, so that took out the
"expensive" excuse.

then she said "sherri, u are fixing to go into high school... u said u want
to join JROTC and everything and I'm afraid that u will be just overwhelmed
by all the work and I'm afraid that u wont have enough time to care for it.
Its an animal, it needs alot of attention..." blah blah blah!!!!

I told told her that I wasnt planning on doing anything after school and
that I was sure I would have time for it.  I will MAKE time for it!!  (I
really want a ferret!!)

then she said that she thought i would like it for the first few weeks but
after the "cuteness" fades away that I would not like it anymore and she
asked what I planned on doing with it when I went over to a friends house
and stuff.  I told her I would ask if I could bring it and if I couldnt I
just wouldnt go!

well, that didnt help my "case" much.  anything i say, she comes up with
some excuse.  if any of u have any advice or anything please e-mail me at
Blu [log in to unmask]

thanx, wish me luck!!     =)
Sherri