From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 06:55:47 -0800
Hello Fellow FML'ers:

Probably about six weeks ago I posted about my trials and tribulations
with my Alpha Trak glucometer. I am happy to report that after
contacting the company and a lengthy conversation with Dr. Evans, its
creator, I came away more informed. The company also sent me a new
vial of strips at no cost and I received it within four days of our
conversaton, via parcel post. I have since done some FBG sticks and had
absolutely no problem with this batch working every time. After review
of procedure with Dr. Evans I believe the problems stemmed form a bad
batch of strips.

If you decide to purchase an Alpha Trak and you run into problems with
getting a read off the strips, don't be as slow as I was to call the
company for help. Dr. Evans was very easy to understand, clear about
procedure and shared a good deal of information about blood glucose
levels I did not know!

It was a pleasure to set things up, stick my babies and get fast
results with minimum struggling. Once the sample is offered to the
strip it was mere secs before it is absorbed and a beep is heard. I
was even happy with the kids scores!! I'm a happy consumer today!!

This saves me a small fortune at the vet with eight ferrets, most over
four years of age. The vet recommended getting one since he uses this
in his office with very similar results (usually within four points)
when compared to his "official" machine. This is explained by Doc and
it allows his patients' owners to leave the appointment having a good
idea of what the FBG is and when verified on the more sophisticated
machine, the course of treatment.

Cathy Ryan

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3