From:
"J Gordon Bengtson, CI-ASMEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:05:14 -0400
As I have posted over the term, Peekaboo is deaf and blind. She can see
forms if the light is correct but if there is low light she is blind.

I took her out of the cage today and carried her around in my arms. She
pretty much likes that and will stay in my arms as long as I will hold
here.

I have a very nice bed spread that is like a fur blanket but is cloth.
The ferts love the feel of that under their feet so I set Peekaboo down
on it. She only wanted DOWN !!!! and jumped to the floor racing for the
hall. That was fine but she ran into the door of the room across the
hall. She found the bedroom door fine but didn't know she made it thru
and saw the dark form of the next door. She ran head on into it full
speed. Then she raced down the hall to make a left turn towards the
front door but she must have mis counted here steps, BONK !!! right
into the wall. Sounded like hitting a walnut with a ball penne hammer.
OUCH!

But that did not stop her in the least. She was all banged up into a
ball but got her bearings and raced on to other rooms hitting all kinds
of things, including me.

Is very sad to see her so happy to be out having fun dooking up a storm
but ramming her head into all those hard things one after another. Is
funny to watch but very sad to see. Just the same she gets around
nearly as well as a fully appointed animal. Am very impressed. I just
need to get her a little helmet with a mic on it for the dooks.

Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia  23111