Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:22:44 EDT
Awhile back, I mentioned that I wanted to read more ferret stuff.  So The
Pennsylvania Ferreter came to my rescue with a publication of the
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association.

Things I Like About This Issue!

1. I like the way the paper is laid out.  It is 11 pages of easy to read
articles with great pictures of ferrets.  The pages are full pages.  Some
shelters have half page newsletters.

2. The articles were well written and on a variety of ferret related
subjects.  There is a monthly medical section, which is important for all
of us with ferrets.  This is the kind of info to save.

There was a cute story about The Ferret Store.  And there was a story that
made me cry with its passion, compassion, and love.  It was written by a
foster Mom, and gives her perspective on the incredible feeling one gets
when caring for an abandoned sick old ferret.  Its' days are numbered.  And
you want the little one to experience the love and consistency and care
that has been denied it all these years.  What a lovely article.  The
rewards of fostering ARE awesome!

3. This was a wholesome issue my friends can share with their children.
There were no pictures making fun of animals being hurt, or stories making
fun of animals being killed or injured or stolen or frightened.  ( It is a
shame one has to check for these things today in an animal shelter
newsletter.)

This newsletter is one to recommend to concerned parents and Christians
with ferrets who want more ferrety reading, and want to increase their
knowledge, and donate to a most worthy cause.

You might want to give this as a birthday or Christmas gift to those you
know that love ferrets--or to those who could use some help understanding
their ferret.

Write to Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
PO Box 45
Gilbertsville, PA
19525-0045
A subscription for the whole year is $20.  and goes towards the care of the
poor ferrets in the shelter.

If I have left anything out--please let the list know.  There were other
articles.  I liked them all.  Just don't want to take up too much space
here.

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!!

Lisette