From:
"Marya K. Kowal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 1995 23:56:03 -0400
Is it just me, or do raw eggs sound like a bad idea? I would be very
nervous about salmonella poisoning from the raw eggs. You don't get
it from the egg, but from when the egg touches the outside of the shell,
or from your fingers....I wouldn't eat raw eggs, or serve them to my
son, so I wouldn't give 'em to the ferrets either. (Yes, Zach has eaten
his share of catfood--YUCK!!)

I wouldnt think that packaged eggs (processed and germ-free) would be
bad for them. Ferrets are carnivorous, so cholesterol shouldnt be a
problem, and egg-whites are almost pure protein, so no problem there.

Marya, Zach, Emma, Molly, Grover and BOO-BOO.