From:
"S.HEWETT" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 18:50:50 +0800
To Betty & Anon,

I don't think that anybody can teach a ferret how to be a predator!  It is
an instinct that cannot be denied.  I dare you to try to get your ferret to
be kind to a small prey animal.

My "Cherry Pie" was the sweetest, fattest, kissingest, most gentle ferret
you could ever wish to meet.  When my cat brought in a live rat, and it
escaped and hid in the pipe behind the settee, "Cherry Pie" was the one out
of the eight to escape from my arms and run into the pipe to deal with it.
Two squeaks from the rat and then "Cherry Pie" appeared dragging the dead
rat, which equaled her in size.

In a perfect world, perhaps there would be no such thing as predators, but
in our finely balanced world there is, and our sweet ferrets are just one
of them.  This should not make you think any less of them, but should
allow you to understand them more fully in their dietary needs, exercise
requirements and so on.

Love and Dooks
From Shirley and her 13 Predatory Pranksters