From:
Helen Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:41:23 +0200
Hi

Last week we found a ferret that's been on the run, probably for a week or
so, she's recovering ok.  What's puzzling me is trying to decide her age,
she doesn't seem to be castrated (cant find any marks on her, but then it's
been a while since I had a ferret-girl) and without that she either has
been carrying babies or is a kit.  She is not in heat at the moment.  Her
teeths are really bad, the upper fangs are gone and several of the small
teeths that either indicates that she is old or really bad treated by the
ex-owners.  Her ears seems to have been treated for earmites with the
absolute forbidden and terrible medicine Orterna which makes ferrets loose
parts of the ears.  The fur is in good condition, no grey hairs which I
noticed on several older ( age 5 or more) ferrets.

Any tips or ideas on how to decide the age are welcome.

Regards
Helen