From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:31:45 -0400
There was what might be a normal number of reactions with more talk
about them than usual, OR an actual increase in numbers of reactions
of ferrets getting IMRAB 3 a couple of months ago.

I did NOT hear of any deaths.

The topic was discussed first on the FML and has been slightly covered
on the FHL.

The question was advanced that some adjunctive may have been the
problem. I have no idea if that is the case.

I was SUPPOSED to hear from a tech at Merial with info. One of their
own people said that I would but I never did despite two communications
with the original person and honestly don't have time to pursue it. The
tech was going to look to see if the report numbers were higher than
usual or if any pattern could be found.

I would not be surprised if anything wrong was quietly corrected, but
that is no more than a guess.

Katharine was following up on this from scratch and may have managed to
hear from them; I don't know, but it would be good if so. She was the
first one who mentioned it on ferret lists after her vet in Florida
mentioned it to her.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/