From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 21:32:32 -0700
HI--

We said good bye to our beloved Buckshot.  We adopted him from Linda
Harrah after he was retired from breeding and nuetered.  He lived with
us for 3 yrs.

Buckshot was a large white ferret with a black tipped tail and a black
patch on his shoulder.  He was good with most of our ferrets and could
be housed with kits, new ferrets, and of course our original group of
ferrets, which joined after coming to live with us.

His favorite toys were stuffed animals, especially a large white polar
bear.  He always expected to be treated like a house ferret and given
the run of the house.  Being a mischief maker and thief extraordinare he
couldn't be trusted to be a house ferret.  He taught two litters of kits
how to break of the cage when the door was opened to feed them or clean
litter boxes.  He coaxed happy go lucky and deaf Jaspar into being his
assistant in mischief.  Where Buckshot lead, Jaspar followed.

He seemed to show very slight preference for other white ferrets, our
other two dark eyed whites and two albino kits.  It wasn't unusual to
see a pile of white ferrets in teh bottom of the cage and a pile of
sable ferrets in the top.  (Of course the white ferrets were all big,
fat and old, except the albino kits and the sables were all kits).

We miss you.

KG