From:
Wayne Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 14:57:29 +0100
Hi

Hope you are all well and your weasels are on good form!

Thought I would copy in a tale I have thrown together for my work news
letter (written for non-ferret people to whom I have offered some basic
ferret training and a copy of a ferret dictionary in a previous new
letter).

Given some of the stories I have shared it should come as no surprise to
anyone that ferrets are funny, bouncy, thieving little critters.  They
are not malicious in their intent its just that they have no shame.

Picture the scene, I am having a dooking moment (I do hope you have your
ferret dictionary to hand) with the weasels, I have been wrestled to the
floor after falling for the classic two pronged attack.  A cunning stunt
in which Priss stands pawing at my feet looking all cute and cuddly in
order that I may be conned into crouching down and offering a raisin or
a drop of Ferretone.  No sooner am I crouched then Brandy pounces from
behind my jacket hung on the back of my chair.  With Brandy firmly
attached to the Winnie-the-Pooh scrunchy that is tying my hair back and
Priss swinging from the box of luxury sun dried raisins in my hand I find
myself with no option other than to drop to the floor and release the
raisins before one or more of my attackers falls and hurts them self.

So the scene is set.  I am lying on the floor with Pooh in my hair,
Brandy down my shirt and raisins scattered all around me.  Not an ideal
time to receive an important text message.  Now Priss has long had a
passion for hiding my mobile phone but on this occasion it was firmly in
my pocked.  I took out the phone, read the incoming message and began to
type a reply.  Now no one could be more shocked nor amazed than I at the
nerve of Priss as I spotted her drop the raisin on which she was chewing
and while pretending to look the other way she very slowly crept towards
me.  Unsure of what she was up to I just lay there typing and waiting.  I
felt a gentle tug on my mobile phone and saw our intrepid adventurer step
back.  Realising I had not reacted she stepped up again and oh so gently,
while I was still trying to type on it, eased the phone out of my hand
and no sooner was it free then she huffed turned and ran off with my
phone flapping in the breeze behind her.  Several minutes later and after
much huffing, dooking and general scratching about in, on and behind a
multitude of hiding places she emerged minus one mobile phone, gave me a
lick on the nose and returned to raisin eating.

Now you dont get many horses, dogs or cats behaving like that.

Take it easy
Wayne, Lector, Priss, Bob and Brandy