From:
"Scarlett A. Gray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 18:00:41 -0500
Hello fellow ferret lovers!  I ve been a lurking on the FML for about 3-4
months now and am finally coming out of the closet with a problem I would
like to ask for some help from all the ferret experts and the vets that are
online.  I have a 15 week old kit that seems to have a urinary track/bladder
infection.  She has had this infection since she was about 8 weeks old.  We
have been treating her off and on with an antibiotic called batryl (sp?).
The first 2 weeks was at a 1.5 ml at a diluted strength twice a day.  That
seemed to clear it up for a while (about a week) and then it came back.  We
have been treating her with the same stuff at a full strength at 2.5 ml
dosage twice a day.  The symptoms are a wet bottom area (around her back
legs) and a slight rash (like diaper rash) just above her vulva.  Her vulva
area is not swollen at all.  You would never know anything is wrong by her
appetite, energy level and disposition.  Her weight is good, she s not
skinny at all.  It s as if she wets her self even when she uses the litter
box.  (Like it s aimed the wrong way - even though she can t aim.) The vet
said that it could be a hormonal thing and that maybe getting her spayed
would clear this up.  Anybody got any suggestions?  She is sweet little
sable kit and once I get this cleared up, I would like to find a home for
her so she can get a name of her own other than No Name or IttyBit .

I was at the Chicago show with 3 of my ferrets and will be at the Michigan
show this Saturday with Nicci (sterling silver) and Kodi (cinnamon).  I ll
have a FLM Lurker sign on my kids carrying case.  If anyone has any
suggestions, please e-mail me at the address below or look me up at the
Michigan Show if you are there.  Thanks.

Scarlett Gray
Scarlett s Warm Fuzzies (Kodiak, Nickel, Mishka, Weasel, Meiko, Kaluha &
IttyBit.)