From:
Patty Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 15:13:47 -0400
Just a point of info - I was calling around trying to find a copy of the
rabies statistics that's published once a year for CaCa land to put into a
caving newsletter.  (It lists the number of animal species and in what
county they were found, that tested positive for rabies.)  I got a hold of
the Sacramento Public Vet office, she is sending me the info, but asked if I
wanted to be on the misc. list of mailings.  I said sure why not.  Then I
asked what they would be about, she explained more info about domestic pet
approved rabies vaccine & other updates.  I said some our vets had trouble
getting the Imrab one for ferrets.  She said they were *not* happy about the
bill passing the assembly yesterday!  I quickly said thanks and goodbye.  I
didn't want to get into an argument with someone anti-ferret in a FFZ that
I'd just given my name, address & phone number to.  <sigh> There's more
ignorant public servants are out there than I can count I'm sure.

Fuzzy hugs,
Patty