Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 18:41:57 -0500
I was sent home from work today because I had the sniffles yesterday
but I also have allergies- last night I REALLY started to feel like
crap and snot and sneeze just like the ferrets I have here. Kris in
Waynesboro is ALSO really ill, as is Alan, Paige Collier's husband. I
started taking Doxicillion last night- Kris can't afford Tamaflu-
she's going for a swab also. I'm going tomorrow for my swab. With no
insurance. I don't give a rats's ass. This is a US issue. I called
Karen at the Virginia State Vet Dept., back this am when I was sent
home, and she said "Thank you, you just met the criteria for the Feds
to OK the testing. So they're going to overnight the correct swabs to
our vet, who has to the overnight back to the Aimes Iowa lab for
testing.

If this saves even 1 ferret or 1 child , then I will have done my job.
Cross your fingers for us that none have H1N1. So far the
sneezing/snotting ones are doing ok-

Thank God for Antibiotics! I'm banned from work until I have a neg.from
my Doc. I really don't want any positive cases of H1N1 ferrets in VA.
This huge picture just sucks. If only the the pet stores could stop
selling ferrets for a few months. Kinda like farting in the wind,
though,huh?

Praying for negatives all the way around,

Marlene Blackburn
Director
RFRl
www.richmondferretrescueleague.org