From:
Michelle Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:08:27 -0400
I am having a serious problem.  About 2 1/2 weeks ago I got a himilayian
kitten.  I have wanted a himilayian for a long time but I was worried that
the ferrets and the kitten would not get along.  I have done alot of reading
and everything that I have read says that cats and ferrets usually get along
so I figured that after a short adjustment period they would be okay.  Well,
now I am not so sure.  My oldest ferret, Mischief, who is 3 years old, gets
along with the kitten really well.  They actually play together.  I cannot
say the same for Cinamon, who is 1 year old.  She attacks the kitten from
behind and bites him on the neck.  The kitten usually cries so I know that
Cinamon is hurting him.  I figured that it would get better but it seems to
be getting worse.  Cinamon usually chases the kitten around and they seem to
be having fun but then all of the sudden Cinamon attacks and bites the
kitten.  The kitten can even be asleep, not bothering anyone, and Cinamon
will go and bite him.  I have been very careful not to pay any more
attention to the kitten than I do the ferrets but I realize that Cinamon
could still be jealous.  I was wondering if anyone had ever been through
this or just had some advice.  I love my ferrets but I also really want to
keep this kitten so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I do not get to read the Ferret Digest on a daily basis so I would
appreciate it if you would reply to me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Michelle, Mischief, Cinamon, & Jasper

Michelle Anderson
Fiscal Technician