Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:11:09 EDT
If the carpet digging occurs under the chair or futon--put another carpet
there on top of the carpet you want to save.  Get carpet at Walmart or
Sams Club for dirt cheap.  Some lovely looking designs are there, or
solid colors.  Put carpet with rubber backing by spots you cannot get
litter box into where they may leave presents, and spray mist with
rubbing alcholol daily.  They hate the smell.

Cheyene appears to be dying.  He is pretty old, and only sleeps now.  We
have him on .08 cc of Metacam, believing him arthritic.  He has had 2
complete blood tests and x-rays within the last 10 months.  But all
appears normal.  He is hand fed Bob C.  chicken soup 3 times a day.
He wants to eat.

Anything I can do for ferret arthritis???????????  He spreads his legs
out walking, and does not play at all anymore.  Took a few steps at the
park and curled in the middle of an open area on the grass.  Unheard of
for him up to 6 months ago.

This is my ferocious maniac biter with more energy for war dancing than
I have seen in any of the others.  He is AT LEAST 7 years old.  He was
in a shelter for 3 years, and balding shortly after being admitted to
the shelter, and I have had him 4 years.  He could be as old as 10.
Don't know.

Thank you all
Lisette