From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 11:28:28 -0500
Here's an idea I had which could get some of Jean's ferrets to safe
locations if needed until she knows Lance is put away long term, and it
could possibly make her some money while helping many other ferrets.  She
could "rent" out some of her breeding ferrets which are still in good enough
shape to breed to some of the country's better breeders.  We aren't
breeders, but I suspect she could find out who's good from Bill and Diane
Killian, Pam Grant, Mary and Eric Shefferman, Cindy Sooy, Bill Gruber (?
You are so connected, Bill, that I figure you might know about this topic.)
and some others whose connections with the breeding community are unknown to
me.

Dick Bossart was kind enough to clarify why N.H.  has to go with
legislation.  Their existing ferret quarantine is 45 days for vaccinated
ferrets and went through as a law; therefore, to change it they have to have
a new law which says 10 days for both vaccinated and unvaccinated ferrets.
He also noted that their state public health vet is on the ferret owners'
side.

There's a woman here to whom I said we'd try to send a thing "early in the
month", but we've lost the info given.  Sound familiar?  Write.

Sukie