From:
cyndi johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:10:43 -0600
I am asking for help/advice on a year & a half old ferret....He was fine
on Tuesday....wed morning he seemed a little sluggish, wed evening when
we opened the cage he could not get out...he is usually the first one
out...when I took him out he was very hot and had peed on himself.  I
wrapped him in a cool towel and offered him food & water and after about
an hour he would move round...but he still looked really bad...took him
to the vet and he had a fever of 103.  I left him there and they were
giving him fluids (he was dehydrated) and antibiotics when his fever
spiked up to 107.5.  They did exploratory surgery and his spleen is
enlarged..the vet said 3 times as big as it should be...they took samples
and are running blood work and I will check on him tomorrow morning....
does anyone have any idea what this could be or have advise as to what to
do....my vet is somewhat ferret knowledgeable but right now just doesn't
know what could be wrong with him.

Cyndi Johnson