From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 21:31:47 EDT
Dear FMLer's

As you are aware Ferret Friends Disaster Response International has three
Alert Status'; i.e. Disaster Watch (normal status 365 days a year), Disaster
Alert (when we have received information that leads us to believe there is
an impending or possible disaster), and DISASTER RESPONSE (confirmation of a
disaster where numerous Children of Fur, Feathers, Scales, Shells, and
Hooves are in need of immediate rescue and or supplies in order to maintain
life).

As always our #1 response will be to Ferret Shelters and Ferret Owners.  We
shall as always in the past; continue to supply and support other Children
of Fur, Feathers, Scales, Shells and Hooves during disasters, just as they
have supported us.

In order that we may respond more quickly when disaster strikes our Children
of Fur, Feathers, Scales, Shells, and Hooves: Ferret Friends Disaster
Response International has a new address.  This address will only be used
when our status is DISASTER RESPONSE.  The address is [log in to unmask]  Once
the status changes from Disaster Watch to DISASTER RESPONSE all messages
regarding the disaster will come from [log in to unmask], and should be responded
to ASAP.

Info:  U.S. Status:

Northeast United States (Great Lakes, Boston, Parts of VA) :  Alert
Texas:  Alert
Florida:  Alert

Thank you

Chere McCoy
Director, Ferret Friends Disaster Response International