From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:15:57 EDT
Thank you Ms. Wolfy and Ms. Shelley for two heart filling stories of the
babes in your lives: Rocky and Marci.  When you know a bit of a persons
life, or a companions situation, it takes looking at the pictures onto a
whole new plane.  .

I get cards to say thank you, and what not.  My favorite ones are the
ones with an animal picture, and the story and name of the animal on
the back.  The story is never long.  But it brings tears to my eyes and
brings value to that card far beyond what is there with just a photo.

I remember one was a photo of a little mouse.  It was rescued from
some experiment where it would have been tortured, mutilated, and
exterminated.  The mouse pic itself was cute.  BUT___ It was the story of
its suffering and rescue and new life that moved me so I could not see
through the tears.

I do not remember the story anymore.  But I DO remember the feeling I was
left with, and how much more value that card had for me.

Share another FML calender story? These are what I love about the FML.