Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 08:44:18 -0700
Good Morning, about a month ago I posted that I was considering getting a
Ferret, but also had Parrots and was concerned about the combination.  I
kept reading this list, and a wonderful person (Hi Mary) was kind enough to
contact me privately and offer suggestions.  We now have two sweet Ferrets.
Parris is a one year old girl, and The Kid is a 9 week baby boy.  I was
able to make my workroom a safe play area as well as a nice play cage in
the living room.  We are now watching, learning and falling in love.
Parris can be nippy, (ask about my toe <G>).  We are working with her.
The Kid is too busy for words.  What surprises me the most is how much
they want to be with us even though they have each other.  Our only mishap
so far is leaving my husbands work boots on the floor after he had put foot
powder in them.  Kid decided to investigate the boots, came to me with a
swollen eye and covered nose to tail.  I learned how to bathe a Ferret.
Quick call to the vet, watched him all night for any signs of distress.
All is well, but thought some other new mom/dad might want to set the
powdered boots some where else.  I feel for those that share your tragic
accidents.  While painful for you, it has helped me learn how easy these
things might happen, and to be more aware.  I don't like to see the
bickering, so just scroll past these posts.  Hopefully this will past
soon, and does not occur often.  The tips on play time, toys, foods, and
especially the opinions of the Veterinarians are invaluable to me.

Thanks for your contributions to this list.
In Touch, Ardith

Mailto:[log in to unmask]