From:
msperling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 05:26:58 -0700
Hi all fellow Ferret lovers,

I usualy lurk unless I have something important to ask or speak my mind
about.  I have worked for almost four years at PetSmart and just now have
left because like on of the people who posted here said they really do not
care about its consumers..PetSmart used to be a different store called Pet
Food Giant,I loved and enjoyed working for them until two years ago when
PetSmart bought them out and kind of *merged* though my pay check still bore
the Pet Food Giant name and address in Phoneix Arizonna.(That is another
story) we as Pet Food Giant used to be able to order any item a customer
needed or wanted.When PetSmart took over everything went downhill.  Yo can
not order they send in what they want to even if it was inferior items.They
started to sell their own brand of pet food and stopped carrying name
ones..They still sell Guinea Pigs and hamsters and they do take good care of
them.It really depends on the store as each store usualy has a few employees
that really know and understand small animals.  PetSmart is not a nice
company to work for they do not beleive in raises or what food is good for
what pet..I have three ferrets and when I worked there I was their *ferret
person* to help the customers.  I also had bred and raised over 20 guinea
pigs and was also the small pet person to help answer customers with the
care of samll animals..The reason I am posting this is because PetSmart
doesnt care one way or another what we as pet owners need all they care
about is making more money and taking over small Mom and Pop pet stores..Its
a monoploy and I do not see that sotre staying in business too much longer
uless they buy out Petco which is another sad place to work at.I for one
have no idea how these *big pet stores*can sleep at night knowing that the
animals they receive were not always healthy and that they did not carry a
big assortment of quality food or toys there.I am not trying to knock these
big pet stores I am telling all of you the plain and simple truth and since
I no longer work there I am letting everyone know what really goes on
there..They do not want ferret organizations there unless thy get some kind
of *cut*in it.  They endorse grey hound rescues and the like yet will not
let most other rescue places in to hand out flyers..Pet Food Giant used to
beg for peoples flyers as they always wanted the customers to know what was
happening and was very very customer orientated..They could not do enough
for the customer and it is ver sad when you worked there for two years and
then saw when the store was bought out the sad decline in caring..I
applogise if I offended anyone that might love Petsmart but in my heart they
way they treated their employees and their customers is sad..yet true..

thanks for letting me have my say..
*michele Sperling*

===
please visit my web page at: www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/4908
"Don't be afraid to dream..for out of the most fragile dreams come
miracles"