From:
Cynthia Shook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 06:38:37 -0800
A moderator's job is definitely not an easy one.  I am the moderator of a
list that deals with ADD-ADHD on egroups.  I have about 150 people on the
list and we still have some conflicts.  In the last 2 years, I have only
had to ban 2 people.  Unlike the FML list, my list is open to where all
members can post.

The main thing that everyone needs to realize....it is OK to voice an
opinion, but, when you personally attack someone that is when things get
ugly.  This is like a BIG family and we all know that families have their
conflicts and rivalry.

Big, I don't know how you handle this on your list, but on mine, if someone
is harassing another person, I have it open that the person can contact
me privately.  I then place both parties on moderate and I try to mediate
a resolution.  The reason for the moderate is so that they cannot flame
each other on the list.  Once a resolution is obtained.  I then remove the
moderation.

I personaly feel BIG is doing a wonderful job as "List Dad" ;) I mean, he
is trying to handle the personalities of "How Many?" people from all walks
of life.

<<Applauding Big>>

Cindy
Bubba Weedeater