From:
Kalaine Tarantelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:42:06 +0000
Hi,
I haven't posted in a very long time.  The last time I wrote about my
ferret Taz-arina, who was partially paralyzed from getting a needle in
the wrong area.  Taz-arina, has mostly recovered from that incident.
Once in a while that leg gets tired, but she runs, jumps, and backs up
just like before.

Taz had been having some problems shedding.  (She hadn't shed in almost a
year) I thought it might be bec. of artificial lights in the apt, so I
have been trying to keep it darker at night, so they can see the change
in lighting outside.

After a couple of months of almost natural light she started to shed, and
shed she did.  It seemed like it would never stop, and then I got worried
about insulimia.  Then the shedding stopped (thank goodness).  The only
thing I notice now is dandruff?  Do ferrets get drandruff?  I thought it
might be the shampoo (four paws ferret glow), so I switched to Johnson's
Baby Shampoo, that seemed like it was worse.  I am now trying a different
Johnson's baby shampoo it is their moisturizing formula w/ honey & vit E.
Is there anything else I could use?  Also, what can I do for dry paws?

The only thing I could think of is maybe it is the frequency of the
washing that is drying her skin.  I don't wash my girls often.  It just
seems to make them smell worse after, and they HATE baths.  They will
snorkle in a cup, but God forbid I put them in water :)  I wash them every
3-4 months.  Jezzy doesn't seem to be having a dry skin problem.  Again,
any suggestions would be appreciated.  I hope everyone and their little
ones are doing well.

Kalaine