From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 00:23:25 -0500
Hey Folks,

Well, I just ran in from outside and it is storming like crazy.  Even got
some teeny tiny hail.  I love it.  Seriously, I do.  I have always loved
thunderstorms.

Thought I would give an update especially since someone made the comment
that she hoped my meds were adjusted.  Took me a while to figure out what
it was talking about.  Of course, there are probably rumors running rampant
about me getting all kinds of drugs since I am crazy.

I realized it was because I posted I was sick.  Still am.  I have the
mother of all viruses playing havoc with my lungs, bronchitis, asthma,
sinuses and ears.  I can't hear hardly anything, even miss the phone a lot
lately.  Had to miss a birthday party (but I have promises of making up
for it too hehe) The mutliple fronts moving through here right now is not
helping at all, as I have barometric sinusitis also.  And it is a pain
trying to pick up the fuzzies.  I can't do it bending from the waist right
now, almost fell flat on my face the other day with Miss DD in my hands.
Trust me, they don't need this big bad momma falling on top of them.

So we compromise as always.  I lay in bed, they come up to the side, I pick
them up and wrestle with them on the bed top.  Of course, this also means
laying my head on my pillow so that my own momma fert (she is a frustrated
mom wanna be just like me) taking care of me.

Miss Myrna.  She will stand on my pillow, planting her front feet on my
head to keep it from moving, and then proceed to clean my ears.  She sticks
her nose in my ear canal, sniffing and snorting the whole time, licking
away.  Then she licks the outer ear, very thoroughly and is known to chew
lightly on the edges for grooming.  She will chew a little harder on my ear
lobe, lick behind my ear, in front of my ear and down my neck.

This is all followed by pushing my glasses out of the way so she can clean
the eyelid on that side.  She licks all over my eyelid (this is horrid, she
has 40 grit on her tongue) chew my eyebrows and then lick my nose.  Then
she stands and stares at me.

That is my signal to roll my head around so she can start on the other
side.  This whole proceedure can take up to 15 minutes or so.  And she gets
very upset if she can't do it.  I have no choice.  A two pound ferret tells
me what to do.  uhoh, better watch out or folks will equate that with the
son of sam.

Well, at least I am good enough to take short drives again.  Not nearly so
dizzy but I am starting to memorize the doc's place.  Bleah.  that is not
good.  Especially since the building is old and it has forty coats of paint
on the walls.  I hate to think what all it is covering up.

BTW, the fat boys are no longer.  They have blown so much hair this last
week, that at one point i just held them up and shook them to get rid of
it.  Honest.  They are lean and mean now.

Mo' Maggie and Her Mothering Mob of Babies