From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:00:58 -0400
Parasites:
http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/common_parasites.txt

Christine, maybe people didn't respond because they just didn't know what
it is.  Not nowing is a typical cause for not ersponding.  I don't know
what it is, either.  Ferrets, of course, do have blood in those veins but
I can't picture what you mean or figure out what it might be.  Folks here
are very friendly, so I suspect that I am not the only one who just
doesn't now.  When in doubt or when in need see a vet; that is what we
always also have to do.  Hec, we are learning a lot about both the "when
in doubt" and the "when in need" parts with Chiclet who is still just not
recovering.  (At least she isn't catching this virus I've got which is
good becaue she is just so sick already.)

BTW, which aliens? ;-)

I didn't worry about Alexandria's post because I know that she, like
Diane, Wolfy and some others, have the excellent and curteous practice of
clearing joking first with the person who is the subject.  (Been there
esp.  when the First Sukie stuff arose; received such requests...) I
guess maybe if people don't realize that permissions are ased and granted
it could be taken wrong, but rather than assume the worst or rather than
stop such posts (which are hysterical) it would pay to first consider
that perhaps permission had been gotten first, and those others who
haven't thought about getting permission first now have a new useful
tip to remeber.  Alexandria just shared a joke because Kim who was the
subject of it foudn the joke funny and wanted her to share it -- plain
old everyday horsing around with loads of shared laughter (and it was
hysterically funny, I thought, just as Kim also thought from what she
said herself).  Folks have got to let hair down now and then; it's fun
and healthy.

Sorry this is a mess; I feel ind of crummy right now.