Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:49:24 -0400
Just around Christmas time we decided to get our fuzzies a new cage.  We
kept the old Midwest Playpen cage as a back-up in case the new one didn't
work out.  Well the fuzz butts love the new one and we now have the old
one sitting in the garage.

So, if you or someone you know is interested in buying a used Midwest
Playpen in reasonable condition (one of the wheels is missing from the
middle of the bottom, but the cage still rolls) AND you live in the
Harrisburg, PA area we would be glad to sell the cage for $25.00 (we paid
$136 when we got it new).  Due to the fact that we're selling it for only
$25, and becuase of the size and weight of the cage, we don't want to
deal with shipping the cage so you'll need to be willing to come to New
Cumberland, PA (we're not far from the PA Turnpike)to pick it up.  I will
be commuting to Lancaster, PA on 7/17 - 7/20, if you live in that area and
are willing to stop by my work place (downtown Lancaster) to pick it up on
one of those days I'm willing to do that too -- just make sure that you
contact me no later than Wednesday 7-19 as I will need to make sure I put
it in my car before I leave for work!  :-)

For anyone who isn't quite sure what a Midwest Playpen is, it's a fairly
tall black metal cage with a plastic bottom that has wheels under it.
There are two removeable plastic shelves with metal "ladder" like ramps
that allow the fuzzies to run up from the floor of the cage to the first
shelf then up again to the second shelf.  There's lots of room for
hammocks and snugglies.  The cage has a big door that is difficult for the
critters to open on their own and the whole thing breaks down to fit into
the base for transportation.  We've had as many as 5 ferrets in it, though
that was for a short term period (we were "baby" sitting)-- there's plenty
of room for 2-4 ferrets if you get clever with the hammock assemblies.
Some people use these cages for cats (some of the Harrisburg area pets
stores use them for PAWS and Hellen Krause rescue cats) only they take the
ramps out.

If you're interested contact me at: [log in to unmask]

Thanks!
Jennifer Daggs