From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:05:14 -0500
Well, I DID get a very kind letter back from the Utah animal control
person; of course, there were limits on what she could say because of
legal choices still to be made.  There's just so much time to go around
for those whose posts are understaffed and overworked.  Also, things just
DO get lost in the ether at times, so never appear where they were sent.

The reason I heard back was because I had done a small favor; I'd had
multiple conversations with someone the animal hoarder was trying to get
to carry a new ad for more animals, and I'd gotten him to make that info
readily available to the Utah authorities for further prosecution.  Like
I said, it was a little thing; he was an animal lover and more than happy
to help ferrets this way.

May I say "Hats off!" to all of the shelters and transporters who saved
these ferrets?!?!  Also, virtual bouquets go to the three SOS ladies who
have worked their tails off to try to reduce the expenses that these folks
incurred, and to the many donors!  Deep curtseys to Troy Lynn E. who
coordinated the rescues -- as she has done with so many others, and was
the main contact person for the Utah authorities.  Many thanks to everyone
who did something for them.

ANYONE can help reduce animal hoarding, and provide help in stopping such
horrors.  Here are addies to materials that can be printed out and sent to
your state's governor, legislators, and other authorities:

http://www.mhsource.com/pt/p000425.html

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/hoarding.html

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/Illinoislaw.html

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/hoarding_refs.html

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/hoardingQ&A.html

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/harc.html

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/trtmntrec.html

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/vettips.html

http://www.nmrfam.wisc.edu/~chapman/hrs-wi/hoarding.html

 ---

I re-discovered the addies from which to start toward getting ACCURATE and
CURRENT info on the various farms:

Here's the address:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ac/lists/lista.pdf

The more general Animal Care site is: