From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:34:00 -0700
Hi FMLer's,

I was wondering if anyone has ever contacted the laboratories where research
is done on ferrets for humans.  In their testing wouldn't you think that the
laboratories run into the same health problems as we do with our pet
ferrets.  What conclusions have they come up with regarding MF, early
cancers etc..  I would think it would be impossible to infect a ferret with
something for testing when it had signs of adrenal disease etc..  Just a
thought.  My vet posed an interesting question; maybe MF intentionally uses
stock that has a shorter life span to accomodate the laboratories, when
doing testing/research I think the animal needs to die a natural death for
accurate results of their research/testing.  I was just wondering if we
could benefit from all the years of research done on ferrets from these
laboratories.  I have 3 MF babies I wouldn't trade for the world, and I
thank MF for them.

Jill Owned by
Rupert, Fiona & EB