From:
Robert Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 16:14:59 -0400
Thank you one and all.  To those who talked with us at Ferretquest 97, your
personal support is overwhelming.  To those who couldn't make Ferretquest,
we know you were there and are with us in spirit!

The show was great, the people are outstanding, the support is overwhelming.
People from across the country helped us man our tables of Kodo items so we
could socialize and talk with the press and talk with others who had
questions about Kodo.

To all of you across this great country who rallied in support, our hats are
off to you.  In my heart I know that Kodo feels the love and support and
energy these rallies generated.  I know he's looking forward to being home
where he's cherished, happy and comfortable.

I don't know if I related this before or not but I'm gonna do it again (one
of the problems of being a captive audiance) A ferret is a ferret is a
ferret???  I don't think so and neither do you.  Each one of these special
little animals is it's own self.  I'd like to explain a little of Kodo's
self:

He's the first out of the cage when the door is opened every day.  He's the
first to run up my leg and give me kisses, He's the first in the trash can,
and he's the first in my and my kids and Kitty's heart.  He'd cry if he got
put away before he was done exploring, playing or loving.  His best buddy is
Yogi who still searches the cubbyholes, and sleepy sacks looking for him.
He's one of those ferrets whom you have no fear of handling in any fashion,
or of showing him off, or of squeezing him so hard cause we love him so much
that he'd squeek, but never ever nip.  Kodo is a sweetheart (as they all
are) and his little life and antics are sorely missed by us.  PLEASE PLEASE
PLEASE, (I'm asking for help again folks) shake up the cosmos a little.
When you lie down tonight, as you put your children (both fuzzy and human)
to bed, take a few seconds and as that one greater than even all of us put
togeather to interviene on Kodo's behalf and all our fuzzies behalf.  Send
those thoughts out and I'm sure Kodo will recieve the feelings of the world
hoping for him and that higher power may see fit to instill some common
sense into the heads of the humans who have placed us all in this
predicament.

Kathy and I can never ever express our gratitude for all you've done and
continue to do for Kodo (and us) neither do we know how to express our
thanks but rest assured you are all in our prayers.

The appeal was filed on Friday, Martha Fitzhugh (the attorney for Bay
County) tried to pull some shenanigans on us but to no avail and not worthy
of discussion other than to mention the fact.  She was served personally
rather than fax and according to the person who served the papers "wasn't
happy about it at all".  Too bad for her!!!  I haven't yet heard as to
whether the appellate court has extended the stay of execution yet or not,
to the best of my knowledge Kodo is still slated to be slaughtered Monday at
3 PM.

Robert Jacobs

[Moderator's note: As usual, lots more Kodo posts later in this issue...
lots of news.  BIG]