From:
Inge Nespolon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2006 08:35:26 -0400
Yesterday John asked some questions about Innova Evo cat and ferret
foods.

Natura pet products makes these foods.  Their website is
www.naturapet.com

The website has a store locator to find a store that sells their products
in your area.  They also have a phone number and a customer service
e-mail address.

They have been making the cat/kitten food for a while and have just this
month come out with a ferret food, which is not on their website as of
yet.  Their website of course also contains info about their foods.

From the ingredient list posted by an FML member, the new ferret food
appears to be pretty much the cat/kitten food with a new label.  Only
difference I can see is the ferret food has chicken as the first
ingredient and the cat food has turkey as the first ingredient.

I hope they do not think we are not intelligent enough to figure this
out and possibly pay more money just because it says ferret on it.

I believe their cat/kitten food to be one of the best out there, and I
do feed it to a couple of my ferrets. [My two young ones eat a raw diet,
and are doing extremely well on it.  Sorry, had to get that plug in
there!!!]

I have e-mailed Natura and asked them about the new "ferret" food and
suggested to them that an all turkey based food would be a great product
to make in light of the fact that many ferrets can not eat chicken.  I
also mentioned to them that ferrets do not need nor can digest
vegetables.

Maybe if they were flooded by e-mails asking for a turkey only food,
which I heard they are considering, they might be convinced.  That would
fill the gap left by Purina discontinuing their Turkey and Barley product
that I know many people are upset about.

Also for those of you going to the Ferretaid Conference in Toronto next
weekend, maybe we need to ask them some questions and make suggestions.
They need to understand the ferret community and our love and concern
for our fuzzies.

Inge