From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:48:52 -0400
I'd love to take the time to tell a "smile" story about ferrets!  Of
course my fuzzies make me laugh all the time, but since this is half a
funny ferret story and half a funny Mom story it really makes me smile!

During the holidays, two years ago when I had just Mikette, we went to
my Mom's house to help bake.  Mikette was done exploring and went to rest
in her carrier.  My Mom went over and starting talking baby talk to her
"aren't you so cute, look at you, what a little baby, how cute you
are........" all the while making silly little wiggle dance motions -
basically making a fool of herself over my little ferret!  Well, Mikette
decided enough was enough, she stretched out of the carrier, took the
rungs in her mouth, and pulled the door shut, then went back to rest
peacefully in the carrier!  I couldn't have said it better myself!!

Mikette really lets her feelings be known!  One time I was tying to get
her to take some medicine I had placed on a little plastic cover.  She
kept resisting the cover as I repeatedly pushed it toward her.  Finally
she took the cover in her mouth, went over and put it in the litterbox
"that's what I think of that, Mom!"

The little joys are what it's all about!
Risa